Insulated Lunch bag to protect lunchboxes and keep food cool
Meet the Montii Co. brand new Medium Lunch Bag.
Made to last and way more fun than regular ol’ lunch bags...Coz lunchtimes shouldn’t be boring!
Made for all those with a craving for lunch time adventures. Take them far and wide, we’ve made sure they can handle the heat! Plus, there’s no need to worry about lastability, we’ve got it covered with the raddest premium materials that have been fully tested for durability.
Inside - 21cm x 23.5cm x 7.5cm
Outside - 22cm x 24.5cm x 9cm
Internal Volume - 3.70L or approx 14.5 cups.
Weight including ice pack - 415g
Check out the Montii Lunchbag Size Guide in the images to find out which lunchboxes will fit this bag.
Here’s why Montii Co Medium Cool Bags are so rad:
- NEW Water Resistant fabric for better performance against dirt and grime
- Machine Washable - Pop 'em in, keep them clean!
- Self-contained gel ice pack - independently certified “food safe” and newly improved outer layer for the same great performance, now even better quality
- Medium sized bags are approximately 25% smaller than the Montii Co Large lunch bags, which still allows plenty of space to pack lunch plus snacks!
- Durable fabrics (they passed the rough + tumble test with flying colours)
- Quality aluminium lining. No plastic comes into contact with your lunch
- Thick insulation to keep contents cooler + fresher for longer
Easy to wipe clean, for a mess-less life
- Separate pocket for the ice pack. No condensation = No soggy food
- Robust, easy to open custom Montii zippers
- On trend custom prints
- Made to last
- DO MONTIICO INSULATED LUNCH BAGS INCLUDE AN ICE PACK?
- Yes! All MontiiCo lunch bags come with an ice pack included. Our self-contained gel ice pack has been independently certified “food safe”. It comes in its own cosy black cover and fits like a dream in our cool bags.
- Each MontiiCo lunch bag size (Large, Medium and Mini) comes with a different size ice pack designed to fit each bag.
- DO YOU SELL THE MONTIICO ICE PACKS SEPARATELY?
- Yes we sure do! You can purchase a spare ice pack on our website. You can also use different size Ice Packs in different size lunch bags as below:
- -The Mini Ice Pack fits in all 3 bags.
- -The Medium Ice Pack fits in all 3 bags, making it a lighter option for our Large bag, and a longer cooling time option for our Mini bag)
- -The Large Ice Pack fits in our Large bag and as a tight fit in our Medium bag.
- HOW DO I USE MY MONTIICO INSULATED LUNCH BAG?
- Always place the included ice pack inside the black fabric ice pack cover before using inside the lunch bag. The cover is designed to reduce the amount of condensation that forms inside the bag, and assist in keeping lunches dry and fresh.
- Cutlery and other sharp items should not be stored in your lunch bag, as this may damage the lining of your bag, and is not covered by warranty.
- Your ice pack should be frozen flat and nude (Remove the black ice pack cover). Should you notice water or ice on the outside of the cover, we recommend airing it out and only placing inside the bag if 100% dry. Placing a wet or icy cover inside the bag will increase condensation and may make your lunch or the lunch bag wet.
- For maximum cooling power, ensure the lunch bag is completely zipped closed as much as possible. Small changes such as removing the lunch box from the bag to eat from it (rather than leaving the whole bag unzipped for lunch time) can dramatically increase the amount of cold air that stays inside the bag.
- When you are finished using your lunch bag, wipe it clean and stand upright to dry thoroughly. Our bags can be machine washed, and doing so regularly may prolong the life of your bag - by removing any embedded dirt or food particles from the fabric.
- DO ALL MONTIICO INSULATED LUNCH BAGS HAVE A DEDICATED ICE PACK POCKET?
- Yep, they sure do! The ice pack comes in its own cosy black cover and fits like a dream in our cool bags, in a separate ice pack pocket. No condensation means no soggy food!
- DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR KEEPING MY LUNCH SUPER COLD IN MY MONTIICO INSULATED LUNCH BAG?
- MontiiCo bags are cool, real cool! Here's some tips to make sure the coolness stays in!
Be sure to keep the bag zipped up closed whenever possible so ensure the coolness stays inside the bag and doesn’t mix with the outside hot temperature.
Ensure your ice pack is fully frozen before placing in the lunch bag. Overnight should suffice, or you can just store it in the freezer when not in use.
- WHAT IS THE WEIGHT OF YOUR LUNCH BAGS EMPTY?
- Our Large Lunch Bags weigh 775g including the large ice pack.
Our Medium Lunch Bags weigh 415g including the medium ice pack.
Our Mini Lunch Bags weigh 275g including the mini ice pack.
- HOW DO I CLEAN MY MONTIICO INSULATED LUNCH BAG?
- We recommend unpacking your lunch bag as soon as you are finished using it, and wiping the interior of the cooler bag with a damp cloth to remove any crumbs or spills. This includes removing the ice pack.
If a spill occurs in a lunchbox or lunch bag we recommend cleaning it as quickly as possible.
Regular cleaning will extend the life of your bag by removing dirt and food particles from within the fabric before they grow into mould.
Our lunch bags are machine washable - so it couldn’t be easier to keep them clean! They’re a little shy and need to be washed on their own, in cold water, on a gentle, longer cycle. Fast cycles tend to have a vigorous spin which can damage the lunch bag.
Normal detergent is fine, but please don’t put in any fabric softeners or stain removal products as this may discolour your bag. Do not bleach, soak or iron.
If your usual wash doesn’t remove staining, make a paste from laundry powder and water and apply it directly to the stained area. Gently brush into the stain, taking care not to damage the fabric. Leave for 15-20 minutes before machine washing.
Bags should be dried standing (like a tent!) or flat and open - fabric side up. We love to dry ours outside on the washing line! Please don’t put your bag in the dryer! It may shrink, melt or come back looking nothing like it did before.
HOW DO I PUT MY CHILD'S NAME ON MY BAG?
- Your cooler bag is going to be the envy of everyone on the block! Labeling me is a sure thing!
All MontiiCo Insulated Lunch Bags come with a cardboard name tag that fits inside a plastic sleeve within the bag.
Alternatively, you can use a sticker name tag (we find the ones with rounded covers are more effective). Do NOT use iron on labels as this can melt the foam lining in your lunch bag. Otherwise use a bag tag that can be clipped on to personalise your child’s bag.
DO MONTIICO INSULATED LUNCH BAGS KEEP THINGS FROZEN?
- Generally, the bags will work as your home fridge does. If you put something frozen in either the fridge or a MontiiCo Insulated Lunch Bag, it will gradually thaw, but this melting process will take longer than if you were to just leave it out on the counter.
DO THE INSULATED LUNCH BAGS COME WITH A WARRANTY?
- Our products are constructed with durable, long-lasting materials to ensure a consistent high level of quality.
- Our products have a manufacturer's warranty for six months. This covers any manufacturing defects such as issues with parts or materials, with proof of purchase. Wear and tear, and care issues including ripping, spills and stains (i.e issues NOT caused by a fault in the manufacturing process) are not covered under manufacturer warranty.
- ARE MONTIICO ICE PACKS FOOD SAFE?
- Yes! Our ice packs are certified as food safe by the FDA and CE..
- DOES THE MONTIICO LUNCH BAG HAVE AN ANTI-MOULD COATING?
- Montii Co do not treat our lunch bags with anti-mould or anti-staining treatments as these can be quite toxic.
- Mould can't grow without moisture, so remember to ensure your bag is 100% dry before storing!
Sunlight is mould’s worst enemy - so hanging your lunch bag up to dry outside is a great way to prevent mould! Alternatively your lunch bag can be left to air dry overnight - try standing it on the bench (or an empty dish rack) to allow adequate air flow to thoroughly dry the bag.
- If you do find mould on your lunch bag - don’t panic! Mould can grow anywhere as long as it has moisture, food and warmth - on carpet, clothing, food, paper, even walls. That means your lunch bag doesn’t need to be visibly dirty for mould to take hold, only a small amount of food needs to be present for mould to grow.
- We challenged our product developers to put our lunch bags to the ultimate mould test! They soaked the bags in milk and left them in the kind of warm, dark conditions that mould thrives in. Although they were successful in growing mould on the outside of all the bags, there was no trace of mould inside any of the bags! That means that your food will stay squeaky clean and safe even if your lunch bag doesn't.